Get the Word Out and Improve SEO
What your press release writing service (perhaps) hasn’t told you: Once upon a time the press release was merely a tool to alert news outlets about significant event. The goal was to get ample coverage in print or broadcast media and at the same time avoid paying high dollars for advertising. While this is still true today, press releases have transcended into another category, which is search engine optimization.
With most publications occupying space on the Web, press releases—referred to in the contemporary era as “news releases,” since “press” referred to print only—that earn placements in news outlets enhance credibility for the companies distributing the releases.
The News Release Success Cycle:
- News stories also appear online. If a company gets mentioned by a news outlet, more than likely the story will include a link to the organization’s website.
- Inbound links. Websites that are linked from other credible websites earn search engine juice, increasing the sites’ chances of higher ranking. Hence why some SEO firms use “black hat” tactics such as link farming to help their clients get links.
- More site visitors. Links found in credible news sources may also produce traffic into the website. The higher the traffic, the greater chance of rising in page rank.
A Key Driver in Growth
In addition to the above, a news story that results from your release has potential to help your business meet its goals. If your release promotes an event, for instance, the online and print coverage may lead to higher attendance numbers. This in turn leads to greater prospects whom you can nurture into loyal customers. Because these converted prospects return to your organization for the services they need or to show their support, such as if you’re a nonprofit, your website audience has organically grown.
This is one of the reasons Judy Asman Communication encourages our clients to always think in terms of promotions. We constantly help them to think about what’s relevant about their businesses that we can offer to the media. See our results »
When you hire Judy Asman Communication as your PR and media outreach firm, we’ll help you with:
- Developing and executing a PR strategy for your message and event.
- Writing news releases and pitching the media.
- Following up with media with tailored messaging that’s relevant to their audience.
- Marketing your news release through social media.